It’s getting to be my travel season again, and while I haven’t solved most of my problems, I’m at least getting better at working around them.
My first travel post was in 2013 and was my first major trip since developing an intense sensitivity to corn, multiple food allergies, and becoming airborne sensitive:
Since then I have traveled to:
- Austin, Texas for the Housecore Horror Film Festival (yes, as in movies! But they didn’t serve popcorn so I could actually go!)
- Oakland and San Francisco, CA (twice!)
- Baltimore 3 more times for Maryland Deathfest
- NYC twice, for Martyrdoom, and also to hug friends.
- Bend, Oregon for a specialist doctor. (This got me my EDS diagnosis)
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, for another specialist doctor. (This got my my MCAS diagnosis.)
After a few trips like this, I am somewhat of an old hand at traveling. It doesn’t really get less awkward, but I just am more resigned to it. I refuse to quit living my life and doing things I enjoy just because my body is a jerk, so I am going to keep going through this effort and expense.
The topics covered in my previous post are still germane, and I still have a water problem that is not corn. I haven’t solved this water problem. I am still shipping my water ahead. Here’s a rundown of my travel “routine”: